• Pagina:

Onderwerp: kan geen gedcom of veiligheidskopie maken

kan geen gedcom of veiligheidskopie maken 29 juni 2016 17:09 #12604

• Yvonna Both-Brusik
  • Yvonna Both-Brusik's Profielfoto Onderwerp Auteur
  • Bezoeker
  • Bezoeker
Good Afternoon
I have been using Aldfaer for a long time and never had this problem, after some new input I tried to make a veiligheidskopie which did not work neither did a gedcom which it did the day before, so I did a clean reinstall when it did open it just sat at the bottom of my screen and could not close it so I had to restart my computer after which I deleted the program etc etc. I did a clean reinstall and this time it did open, I uploaded my stamboom, after a few new inputs I made a veiligheidskopie and it worked, this morning I was inputting some new data and again I wanted to make a veiligheidskopie and again it did not work, now I do not know what to do for if I do a new install I will lose all the new information. I have never had this happening and I do not know what to do, I am so confused please help if you can

Thank you kindly and have a great day
Yvonna
Last Edit: door Yvonna Both-Brusik. Reden: spelling mistake
Discussie gesloten.

kan geen gedcom of veiligheidskopie maken 29 juni 2016 17:56 #12606

• JayCee
  • JayCee's Profielfoto
  • W7, Aldfaer 7.2, Bonus, Firefox, Opera
  • Ontvangen bedankjes 644
Good afternoon,

It is not necessary to make a clean reinstallation immediately after you experience some problems.

I suspect that each time you open Aldfaer you load a veiligheidskopie (Backup). This is no good practice. Open Aldfaer by double-clicking the file Aldfaer.exe or the Aldfaer icon on the desktop. Aldfaer always opens the last updated file automatically.
It is also recommended to have Aldfaer to make automatically a veiligheidscopy (Backup in the menu File) upon closing, together with a bestandherstel (English version: Database reorganisation in menu Database). This can be achieved by selecting the corresponding options – menu Extra > Instellingen - > Veiligheidskopie – do not select ‘Inclusief materiaal’ – also select lower ‘Automatische veiligheidskopie' and set Maximum aantal to 7 (English version: menu Tools > Settings > Backup – do not select ‘Include material – and lower ‘Automatic backup – chose Maximum number 7).
Mvg,
Last Edit: door JayCee.
Discussie gesloten.

kan geen gedcom of veiligheidskopie maken 29 juni 2016 18:15 #12607

• Han Kortekaas
  • Han Kortekaas's Profielfoto
  • Administrateur
  • Administrateur
  • Ontvangen bedankjes 1099
Hi Yvonna,

yet there is another possibility. JayCee recommends you to set your settings (menu Instellingen Veiligheidskopie) to automatically at closing of the app. Thus you will never have to do that manually, which it appears you do.

However there remains a question as to what version Aldfaer you are using and where you have installed it. Under Windows Vista and following versions like W7...W10 you may not install in C:\program files\aldfaer but preferably in the default c:\aldfaer.

Please check, in case you had previously used the C:\program files (x86) if there remains in that folder a file Aldfaer.cfg, a 'left over ' of a previous installation. You will have to delete that.
De volgende gebruiker (s) zei dank u: Yvonna Both-Brusik
Han

Discussie gesloten.

kan geen gedcom of veiligheidskopie maken 30 juni 2016 14:59 #12610

• Yvonna Both-Brusik
  • Bezoeker
  • Bezoeker
Hi Han

Thank you so much for your response, I use 6.1 and have been using aldfaer for many many years, the automatic making of a veiligheidskopie never did work so I had to do it manually and I never had this problem actually I never had any problem I also installed aldfaer in a map on my desktop I use windows 7, when I did the re-install I deleted everything old so I did a clean install and did the same thing make a map on my desktop and not in my program files, yesterday I was able to make a gedcom which I saved also on my stick.

Sincerely

Yvonna
Discussie gesloten.

kan geen gedcom of veiligheidskopie maken 30 juni 2016 15:43 #12612

• Han Kortekaas
  • Han Kortekaas's Profielfoto
  • Administrateur
  • Administrateur
  • Ontvangen bedankjes 1099
Hi Yvonna

do I understand that your problem is solved? Trust you have your setting of the 'Veiligheidskopie' to automatic , 7 VK's, bestandsherstel checked , material not checked.

The installation on your desktop is a possibility but not usually done on that location. By default we recommend C:\Aldfaer for the app and the Library Documents\Aldfaer for all others, such as Material, Output, Plug-ins. At installation Aldfaer puts a shortcut to the program on the desktop.

In case you don't have it yet......are you aware that there is a plug-in enabling a (almost) complete English menu. May be not necessary. In case you would like to install it please click on my name on the left and mail me so we continue this privately.
De volgende gebruiker (s) zei dank u: Yvonna Both-Brusik
Han

Discussie gesloten.

kan geen gedcom of veiligheidskopie maken 30 juni 2016 17:18 #12614

• Yvonna Both-Brusik
  • Bezoeker
  • Bezoeker
Hi Han

Thank you I have done what you suggested re v-kopie and I have also been able to make a gedcom which I saved on my on my stick and on the computer I will see if it works..I hope so !! I was just looking on one of my old sticks and found a back-up copy from 1999 that is how long I have been using Aldfaer, love the program!!!

Thank you again

Hartelijke Groeten
Yvonna
Discussie gesloten.
  • Pagina:
Tijd voor maken pagina: 0.037 seconden
Gemaakt door Kunena